If you have flown with us in the past week, you may have noticed a new step in our check-in process: a Guest Health Acknowledgement Form.
This short online form, based on COVID-19 guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), reminds guests of our face mask requirement and asks a few simple questions to ensure they are fit to fly.
When checking in to their flight(s), guests are required to agree to the following:
- You will wear a face covering throughout your travel journey.
- You have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 21 days.
- You have assessed yourself for COVID-19, and have experienced none of the following COVID-19 related symptoms within the last 14 days:
- Known temperature of 38 Celsius/100.4 Fahrenheit or higher
- Cough (other than from a known pre-existing condition unrelated to COVID-19)
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing (other than from a known pre-existing condition unrelated to COVID-19)
- Muscle pain or body aches
- Sore throat
- Recent loss of taste or smell
- You have not been denied boarding by another airline due to a medical screening for a communicable disease within the last 14 days.
- You have not had close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- If, after you have checked-in, you become ill prior to your flight time, that you will not travel.
The form, which is displayed when checking in on the desktop or mobile website, our app and airport self-service kiosks, brings an additional layer of safety for our guests and employees.
Should a guest need to reschedule a flight due to health concerns, they can contact our reservations team at 1-800-367-5320 or visit hawaiianairlines.com/contact-us to discuss travel options available through our flexible booking policy. To learn more about Hawaiianʻs layered health and safety protocols, please visit our Keeping You Safe page.
Wondering what else to expect on your next trip? Watch our "What to expect when traveling with Hawaiian Airlines" video below to review what youʻll need when traveling with us.